By Debi Ilo
There is a question here and it is 'where do I start from in order to finish strong?'
I do not believe that there is any definitive point to where a person MUST start. So my answer is "start where you are!"
Everyone has their own story, everyone their own starting points and destinations. When Jesus was teaching the multitudes, He asked the disciples "what do you have?" They replied "We have 1 loaf and 2 fish." What was the result? Over 5000 people were fed. That's more than multiplication!
So before anything, give God what you have, give Him your starting point. Give Him your current point and He will do more than multiply it.
So how do you give God your current and starting points? What can be done practically?
1. Have a Goal - What are the things you want to acheive? How do you plan to acheive them? If you do not have a clear vision of where you expect to be in 'X' amount of time, then you will never have the means of reaching there. You will either become stagnant, a wanderer, or a follower but never a leader.
Habakuk 2:2-4 says:
Then the lord said to me, “Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others. This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."
If it's inspiration you are lacking or you are unsure about your future plans, you need to key into God. Remember Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
2. Do not be Afraid to Dream Big - Fear is nothing other than a strong emotion. It is scientifically proven that one of the core attributes of the mind/ brain is to protect us from anything that it perceives as danger, anything that is outside our comfort zone and so the mind will begin to produce images, words and signals that feel so real in order to stop you e.g. applying for that big job role, starting your own business, doing something different, pursuing God's vision and dream for your life, etc...But remember, it is just an emotion and you cannot come to harm! In order for you to grow, you have to get to a point of discomfort before you have real comfort. DARE to dream, DARE to face your fear, you'll be suprised at what you can acheive.
3. Use your Time Wisely - What have you been doing with your time? The way you spend your time will reflect in your future. Time will not stand still...Therefore we must be able to manage our time. It is a necessity.
4. Plan - If you fail to prepare, you will prepare to fail.
5. Believe in yourself! - Believe in the gifts and talents that have been placed in you. YOU ARE UNIQUE and NOBODY can do it like you! We all have something special within us that the rest of the world is longing for. But if you can't see it; if you can't see how incredibly special, talented and unique you are, how will the rest of the world?
Yes we have God, we have His full support. And although our hope is in Christ, we still have a part to play. Jesus works with us in partnership. Be reminded that Faith is Action, therefore without Action there is no Faith. We act because we believe and we believe because we act!
May God colour us with favour as we step out in faith to start and finish strong.